The purpose of the Developmental Mathematics Committee (DMC) of AMATYC is to improve the quality of developmental mathematics programs in colleges by providing a forum for the exchange of ideas.
In addition, the DMC strives to
- Provide opportunities for professional development on proven practice for developmental mathematics faculty;
- Share best practices for curriculum and instruction that promote successful matriculation into gateway college mathematics courses and other courses requiring quantitative tools;
- Increase involvement with national policy-making boards on issues related to college-readiness;
- Strengthen connections with other professional organizations regarding concerns of developmental mathematics; and
- Communicate the issues of developmental mathematics reform and the consequences of recent state-required mandates.
Chair: Kim Granger (KGranger@stlcc.edu)